Single-handed care is all about safely moving individuals using the right equipment and just the right number of caregivers. In the past, most care settings usually needed two caregivers for tasks involving patients. But now, there's been a significant shift towards single-handed care, especially in places like long-term care facilities. This shift aims to make things more efficient, cut costs, and boost the quality of care provided.
The Shift Towards Single-Handed Care
The change to single-handed care is all about making healthcare more efficient and cost-effective. It allows caregivers to look after more patients and ensures that hospitals run smoothly with timely admissions and discharges. By using the right tools, like ceiling lifts and safe patient handling devices, single-handed care becomes a cost-effective solution that keeps patients and caregivers safe.
Single-handed care is like a careful balancing act. It's all about reducing the chances of injury and strain for patients and caregivers alike. It helps patients move safely and assists therapists during rehabilitation. To make this work well, it's important to invest in the right equipment and provide caregivers with the right training to give respectful one-on-one care.
Harmonising with Human Biomechanics
Solutions designed to align with the human body's natural biomechanics and intuitively guide users towards correct usage are crucial for consistent safety and efficacy in single-handed care. Here are just some of the patient handling solutions we provide to enhance one-on-one care efficiency:
- Biotechsis® Bed Mattress Covers: These adjustable covers fit various mattresses and are essential for the Biotechsis® inbed care system, providing a controlled surface for the Biotechsis® Bed Sheets.
- Biotechsis® Bed Sheets: Replacing traditional cotton sheets, these oversized sheets create an ultra-low friction interface with the mattress cover, preventing tissue damage to both patients and caregivers.
- Biotechsis® Pillow Cases: Integral to the inbed care system, these standard-sized cases can be used in various ways on the Biotechsis® Bed Sheet, providing an anti-microbial barrier.
- Biotechsis® Incontinence Slide: This reusable under pad keeps patients and their bedding dry, offering another layer of protection with its anti-microbial barrier.
- Biotechsis® Patient Turning Aids: Designed to facilitate the turning and repositioning of patients, these aids can also assist in inserting and removing other products under patients, providing an anti-microbial barrier.
Each component of the Biotechsis® inbed care system is designed to work synergistically, enabling safer single-person care and the non-physical movement and repositioning of patients. When used in conjunction with technologies like Multi-Plane Tilt Bed Frames, Hybrid Mattresses, and Overhead Patient Hoists, these products empower caregivers to provide efficient and dignified single-handed care.